Electric car SE.9974
Electric tram, with two bogies, known as « SE Type », built in 1958 in the SNCV workshops in Brussels to reinforce their services during Expo ‘58.
This was an opportunity to present to the public modern and elegant motor cars, with their emerald-green and gold anodised interior
This motor car takes part of a program to modernise the « Standard » motor cars which received a new aerodynamic body. But they kept the bogies as well as the traction and braking systems. 200 motor cars were modernised in this way, known as « S-Type ».
The 9974 ran on the Brussels SNCV network and when the network closed in 1978, it was transferred to the Belgian coast line.
Technical specifications :
Electric 600V DC
Theoretical maximum speed: